Sunday, March 13, 2011

And So it Begins

I've always wanted to get involved.

That's what I used to say about orphans. I'd read about the AIDS pandemic in Africa. I'd seen the stories about Haitian orphans. I felt the calling but I had no idea where to start. The answer was simply to trust God.

I ended up at an orphanage in Honduras following a series of seemingly unrelated, yet connected, events that led me to a Team Effort youth mission camp in North Carolina. There I met one of Team Effort's amazing youth leaders, 20 year old Liz Presley from Gainesville, Georgia. On the fourth day Liz sat down across from me at a lunch break and said "I think I'm supposed to ask you to go with me to Honduras." I replied "I think I'm supposed to say yes." Six months later I was on a bus in Tegucigalpa embarking on a rocky four hour trip to Orphanage Emmanuel with daughter Keeley and a 17 member mission team we had met in Atlanta that morning.

1 comment:

  1. God has a wonderful way of revealing His plan to us, doesn't He?

    ReplyDelete